Climb up to the peak of Piz de le Agole, panoramic viewpoint over the Cembra valley
Piz de le Agole (1092 metres above sea level), within the Cembra Lisignago town boundary is an exceptional viewpoint offering splendid views over the Cembra valley, Lake Lases, the Piné high plateau and the peaks around it, the Vigolana and Bondone mountains and part of the Fiemme valley in the distance. The itinerary offered here is a circuit starting in the centre of Lisignago on steep and narrow streets, past splendid historic houses bearing witness to traditional Trentino architecture.
The route follows a footpath signed Rifugio Maderlina onto an attractive paved road through the forest which gradually gains altitude and continues through an interesting variety of environments: relaxing deciduous forests alternating with open meadows and clearings hosting well looked after mountain huts, many of which have retained their traditional wood and porphyry building style.
It then follows Piz de la Agole waymarking on footpaths through mixed beech, Austrian pine and Scots pine woods to the panoramic peak with its majestic wooden cross, Cristo della Speranza, the work of a sculptor native to the town of Lisignago, Silvano Ferretti, representing hope through Christ.
To return to Lisignago briefly retrace your steps and follow SAT 416 footpath signs to descend fairly rapidly to Lisignago town centre.
- signal_cellular_alt Difficulty Easy
- straighten distance 10.22 Km
- schedule duration 3:30 h
- arrow_drop_up elevation 600 m
- arrow_drop_down descent 600 m
- skip_next highest point 1081 m
- skip_next lowest point 575 m
Best time of year:
Even if this trail is not technically difficult and has no dangerous stretches, we always and in any case suggest to follow the general rules on safety for mountain hikes.
- Prepare your itinerary
- Choose an excursion appropriate for your real ability and training level
- Choose the fitting equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking alone is risky
- Give details about your itinerary and about the approximate hour of your return
- Do not hesitate to entrust you to an expert
- Pay attention to the indication and signals you will find along your journey
- Do not hesitate to retrace your steps
- In case of accident: ask for help and call the number 112
Lisignago (Cembra Lisignago)
Lisignago (Cembra Lisignago)
Parking area near San Biagio Church (Lisignago)
Dalla chiesa di San Biagio si sale tra gli avvolti e i vicoli di Lisignago fino alla sommità del paese e si seguono le indicazioni per Maderlina. Sisale per strade forestali fino alla località Maderlina e poi seguendo le indicaizoni si raggiunge il Piz de le Agole.
Per tornare a Lisignago, ritorniamo brevemente sul sentiero appena percorso e seguiamo le indicazioni del sentiero SAT 416 che scende abbastanza ripidamente fino al centro del paese di Lisignago.
- Trekking shoes or mountain boots
- Trekking poles
[There is no appointed guide for this route.]