Stage 4 from Baita Cuz Refuge to Pozza. 4-day self guided hiking tour at high altitude, from refuge to refuge. Discover the Dolomites in Val di Fassa by walking on its most beautiful peaks!
From Baita Cuz Refuge (2,213 m) descend through the forest path towards San Nicolò Valley, from the locality of "Saùch" (1,730 m) start climbing along path no. 640 to reach first the little mountain lake "Lagusel" and afterwards "Forcella L Pief" (2,182 m). Then go down along the path no. 641 and then no. 641 B towards Val Monzoni and its homonymous dairy (1,862 m). From here continue descending along path no. 603 passing by the small church at the Malga al Crocifisso and finally reaching the locality of "Vidor". From here you can continue on foot or use the shuttle to reach the town center. Alternative to shorten the last stage of the trekking: from the "Saùch" locality in the San Nicolò Valley it is possible to descend to Pozza walking along the asphalted road (about one hour to reach the "Vidor" locality) or you can use the shuttle bus that departs every thirty minutes from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm (service on fee). Total time: 2.30 hours, from Baita Cuz Refuge to the locality of "Vidor".
- signal_cellular_alt Difficulty Medium
- straighten distance 14.14 Km
- schedule duration 5:30 h
- arrow_drop_up elevation 530 m
- arrow_drop_down descent 1413 m
- skip_next highest point 2182 m
- skip_next lowest point 1309 m
Best time of year:
Safety information:For your hikes in mountain always choose itineraries in accordance with your technical and physical abilities. Consult maps of the area to visit and check the best way to follow. If you walk in group including slower hikers, always calculate longer average times to cover the distances.
Preferably do not hike alone in mountain. Otherwise tell someone the itinerary that you are going to follow and let him know when you are back.
Check the weather forecast and, while hiking, constantly pay attention to the evolution of the weather.
If you do not feel safe, give up. In mountain, sometimes, it is better to surrender than to face the dangers deriving from bad weather conditions or from difficulties superior to one’s limits. In advance look for alternative itineraries to get back.
Bring rubbish back with you. Respect the flora and fauna. Remain on the marked tracks, avoiding to follow shortest ways, in order to avoid causing damages to vegetation and the territory. Respect local cultures andtraditions, always bearing in mind that you are a guest.
Baita Cuz Refuge
Pozza di Fassa
Regular bus service operated by the bus company Trentino Trasporti in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 101 Canazei - Cavalese - Trento
- bus line no. 104 Cavalese - Ora - Trento
- bus line no. 123 Moena - Passo San Pellegrino - Falcade
Regular bus service operated by the bus company SAD in Val di Fassa:
- bus line no. 180 Pozza di Fassa - Vigo di Fassa - Passo Carezza - Bolzano
- bus line no. 471 Dolomites Passes (Sella Pass, Gardena Pass, Campolongo Pass, Pordoi Pass, Fedaia Pass). Only in summer
Main access points to Val di Fassa, coming from the A22 Brennero motorway:
- Ora/Egna exit, S.S. 48 delle Dolomiti - Passo San Lugano - Val di Fiemme - Val di Fassa (distance 45 km). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- Bolzano Nord exit, S.S. 241 Grande Strada delle Dolomiti - Passo Carezza - Val di Fassa (distance 40 km). From Vigo, follow the direction of Canazei upwards or the direction of Soraga and Moena downwards.
Other access routes to Val di Fassa:
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo and the S.P. 346 to Passo San Pellegrino - Moena (Val di Fassa). At the roundabout in Moena, follow the direction of Canazei upwards;
- from the A27 (Venezia motorway), Belluno/Ponte nelle Alpi exit, then take the S.S. 203 to Agordo/Alleghe/Rocca Pietore first and the S.P. 641 to Passo Fedaia - Canazei;
- coming from Arabba, take the S.S. 48 Passo Pordoi - Canazei;
- coming from Val Gardena, take the S.S. 242 Passo Sella - Canazei.
The tour counts 4 stages on well-indicated CAI-SAT paths. From any point, it is possible to descend to the valley and, thanks to the shuttle service, the mountain lifts or the public means, easily get back to the departure.
From Baita Cuz Refuge (2,213 m) descend through the forest path towards Val San Nicolò.
From Val San Nicolò/Val Monzoni/Malga al Crocifisso it is possible to descend to Pozza walking along the asphalted road or you can use the shuttle bus that departs every 30 minutes from 8.30 am to 6.30 pm (service on fee).
Wear adequate clothing, footwear and equipment suitable for the length and grade of difficulty of trail to be taken. Always try to be self-sufficient and carry with you the necessary to face possible emergency situations and a first aid kit.
[There is no appointed guide for this route.]