Dolomiti di Brenta Trail - short trail.
The "short" trail of the Dolomiti di Brenta Trail, one of most spectacular trails running in the world, into the wilderness of Brenta Dolomites, UNESCO natural heritage.
- signal_cellular_alt Difficulty Hard
- straighten distance 43.60 Km
- schedule duration 10:48 h
- arrow_drop_up elevation 3558 m
- arrow_drop_down descent 3563 m
- skip_next highest point 2603 m
- skip_next lowest point 819 m
Best time of year:
1) Prepare your itinerary
2) Choose an excursion appropiate for your real ability and training level
3) Choose the fitting equimpent
4) Check the weather forecast
5) Hiking alone is risky
6) Give details about your itinerary and about the approximate hour of your return
7) Do not hesitate to entrust you to an expert
8) Pay attention to the indication and signals you will find along your journey
9) Do not hesitate to retrace your steps
10) Ask for help and call the number 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Molveno - via Lungolago
Molveno - via Lungolago
Trentino Trasporti - line 611: Trento-Mezzolombardo by train, Mezzolombardo-Molveno by bus.
From the motorway exit Trento nord we drive direction val di Non and Altopiano della Paganella; just afer the long tunnel by Mezzolombardo, we turn right (SP 64), to Fai della Paganella, Andalo and Molveno.
Molveno lake area or in the town centre.
From Molveno you easily reach Andalo (Life Park) and there you begin the "real" trail running; you go to Malga Spora into the real wilderness of the northern Brenta Dolomites, before reaching Passo Grosté. Here you go down to rifugio Graffer, then continuing to rifugio Tuckett and down to Sella del Fridolin. At the end of the descent, you go right to rifugio Brentei and then upwards to Bocca di Brenta, the highest point of the trail. From Bocca di Brenta you go down to rifugio Pedrotti and through the valley to rifugio Selvata first and then to rifugio Croz dell'Altissimo. You're almost at the end of the tour: you go down to Molveno through the wild Val delle Seghe.
Trekkingshoes, rucksack with water, warm clothes and rain-jacket; mobile phone.
[There is no appointed guide for this route.]