The lonely and unknown Lagorai trekking leads through a wild nature, across lot of tiny mountain lakes and flowery meadows. Along the whole way you can admire beautiful landscapes on the Dolomites mountains such as Latemar, Rosengarten, Sella, Pale di San Martino and the big south wall of Marmolada.
This particular trekking on volcano rocks amazes for the variety of colours, the different shades of green of pastures and trees, the blue of rivers and lakes and the pink of the rhododendrons which blossom in July, are a strong contrast with the dark colour of volcano rocks.
Last stage of this trekking goes through the Natural Park of Paneveggio where you can see the famous red spruces, whose resonance wood was used from the famous violin maker Stradivari.
- signal_cellular_alt Difficulty N/A
- straighten distance 43.64 Km
- schedule duration 17:09 h
- arrow_drop_up elevation 3362 m
- arrow_drop_down descent 3561 m
- skip_next highest point 2572 m
- skip_next lowest point 1596 m
Best time of year:
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
From Passo Rolle (2 times a day) back to Val di Fiemme
From the motorway A22 exit Egna/Ora follow road nr. 48 direction Cavalese.
Continue then to Passo Manghen with your own car or by taxi
Along the way you can find some mountain dairy used in summer for the alpine pastures of cows and goats and seldom other trekker, normally doing daily excursions.
The first night in the tent near the Lagorai Lakes gives you a full immersion in the nature.
The second day leads you more deeply into this wild area of rocks and pastures, ending in the comfortable Cauriol mountain hut or in Malga Sadole (alpine dairy)
You have 2 options for the third night depending on your “speed”: you can stop at bivouac Paolo e Nicola (renewed in the last years) or, if you are fast, you can go on until you reach the bivouac Aldo Moro.
Hiking gear, food, tent and sleeping bag.
[There is no appointed guide for this route.]