A hiking trail with information boards that helps you to discover the beauty of Latemar, the geology and the Triassic world!
Discover the rocks that tell the story of 200 million years thanks to the information boards made by MontagnAnimata, the Muse - Science Museum of Trento and the Geological Museum of the Dolomites of Predazzo. The trail, suitable for the whole family, starts from the panoramic Passo Feudo and for the entire duration is distinguished by exciting scenarios and wonderful views. If you hike with children, we recommend to buy the nice playbook "Geotrail Dos Capèl, Triassic World" which, through the search for clues and samples of rocks, accompanies the little geologists by playing.
- signal_cellular_alt Difficulty Medium
- straighten distance 3.99 Km
- schedule duration 1:30 h
- arrow_drop_up elevation 200 m
- arrow_drop_down descent 200 m
- skip_next highest point 2242 m
- skip_next lowest point 2106 m
Best time of year:
THE 10 RULES FOR HIKERS
- Prepare your itinerary beforehand
- Choose an itinerary that suits your physical abilities
- Choose suitable clothes and equipment
- Check the weather forecast
- Hiking by yourself is more risky; if this is the case, take a mobile phone with you
- Leave information about your itinerary and your expected return time
- If you are not sure about your itinerary, contact an Alpine Guide
- Pay attention to signposts and directions that you find along your way
- Do not hesitate in going back if you feel too tired
- In case of emergency call 112
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Bus line Cavalese - Penia has a stop at lift station Latemar MontagnAnimata.
From Cavalese drive direction Val di Fassa. After Predazzo you will find the lifts Latemar MontagnAnimata on your right side.
Big parking area at the lift departure
Take the "Latemar MontagnAnimata" lifts (open mid-June to mid-September) to the Passo Feudo.
From the top of the chair-lift, descend the slope to the shrine.
This is the point of departure for a trail leading around Dos Capèl with strategically placed panels providing walkers with information on the origin of the mountains.
The trail leads through fascinating landscape (with views of some of the most beautiful mountains in the whole Alps, from Latemar to Marmolada to the Pala group and the Lagorai chain, and finally to the snow-capped peaks of the Tyrol to the north).
The panels placed along the way give a gradual introduction to the events and changes that created the fantastic universe of the Dolomites.
From the pass the path winds around the Dos Capèl with small changes in altitude and plenty of resting places.
The highest point is reached at 2.266 metres.
Hiking shoes, rain-jacket, hiking poles, water, sun cream
[There is no appointed guide for this route.]